Saturday, July 7, 2012

Inspiration Searching...

As the story goes, our master bedroom is the last room (well, actually the bathroom will be last) to be touched in our cottage redo.  What's new.  And as the story goes, it should have been the first.  Sadly, we are now feeling the necessity of being first as our relationship begins to spiral into a sea of doing it all for others but never for ourselves.  I am keenly aware of the impact an environment has on a soul, or two; thus, I begin the search for our bedroom inspiration.  Actually, I started this search a few years ago but it's now time to really tackle the issue(s) and make all things here lovely again.  My inclinations seem to lead me towards color ~ simple and sometimes overwhelming. And it leads me to mirrors and the impact they have on a small space. Did I mention our room is a small space?  Very small. No complaints though...the smaller it is, the less to clean.  Yeah.  I really don't like cleaning.  It's gross.  I digress.  My inclinations also lead me to uncluttered spaces which means lots of built-ins.  It is just senseless to think you can do a small bedroom without built-ins.  But where to put them?  I'm fairly certain of one wall that must have built-ins, but lately I've been thinking about adding another built-in section either on the wall where my two closet doors live, or over there, where the beautiful double windows are open.

You see, what happens is that I have SO MANY saved pictures, etc., that I cannot seem to narrow it down!

Here are some BEFORE pics...totally embarrassing, but necessary!






And here is our first AFTER photo...mind you, after means that only 2 walls are complete at this time :o) Such is life.


Unfortunately, the stripes look yellow in the photograph, but they are actually white and snow white with different sheen's.

No comments:

Post a Comment