Sunday, May 23, 2010

Eggplant and Almond Enchiladas on the Grill

It would have all been fine, the FOUR hours it took me to make the eggplant and almond enchiladas. It would have all been fine, until I realized that I'd used nutmeg instead of cumin in my first batch of red sauce. It would have all been fine, until the blender exploded on me when I tried to puree the NEW batch of red sauce. It would have all been fine...until I put the enchiladas into the oven and...you guessed it...the oven stopped working!!! Yes, I tell you the truth...it just stopped! That's when all that would have been fine turned out to be PERFECT!!! I put the enchiladas in an iron skillet and rushed them to the grill. Yes, grilled enchiladas. YUMMY!!!! I'll never make them in the oven again...off to grilling I go... :o)

Tonight's menu: chili pie, mexican grilled corn on the cob and stuffed jalapenos ~ ALL ON THE GRILL!! Now, let's just hope the propane doesn't run out!

No comments:

Post a Comment